- 12 (Registered)
Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia become increasingly unable to take care of themselves. Physical challenges can also develop. By being aware and taking ongoing preventative action, you can reduce the likelihood of accidents and injuries. The Family Caregiver Tutorials include curated videos that are helpful with dealing with loved ones with Dementia
The goal of the training is to enhance and or develop caregiving skills by providing caregivers with information on a variety of topics related to caring for a senior with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Through training, caregivers can learn how to manage challenging behaviors, improve communication skills, and keep the person with Alzheimer’s safe. Research shows that caregivers experience lower stress and better health when they learn skills through caregiver training and participate in a support group(s) (online or in person). Participation in these groups can allow caregivers to care for their loved one at home longer.
When you’re starting out as a family caregiver, it’s hard to know where to begin. Perhaps you’ve only recently realized that a loved one needs assistance and is no longer as self-sufficient as he or she once was. Or perhaps there has been a sudden change in their health.
Now it is time to take action, and take stock of the people, services, and information that will help you provide care. The earlier you get support, the better.
This Lesson will help you:
- Identify potentially hazardous situations around the home.
- Understand financial safety issues.
- Learn about techniques to prevent unsafe situations.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Caregiver Training: Introduction -1
- Caregiver Training: Home Safety
- Caregiver Training: Refusal to Bathe
- Caregiver Training: Repetitive Behaviors
- Caregiver Training: Repetitive Questions
- Caregiver Training: Repetitive Phone Calls
- Caregiver Training: Wandering
- Caregiver Training: Aggressive Language/Behavior
- Caregiver Training: Sleep Disturbances
- Caregiver Training: Depression/Apathy
- Caregiver Training: Agitation and Anxiety
- Caregiver Training: Hallucinations
- Caregiver Training: Sexually Inappropriate Behaviors
- Caregiver Training: Sundowning
- Royal Caregiver’s Guide
- 14 on-demand videos to help with
- Home Safety
- Repetitive Behavior
- Refusal to Bathe
- Aggressive Behavior and more
- Language: English